Skilled Mediation And Family Law Guidance

Using Mediation Effectively In Divorce Cases

Mediation is an alternative to traditional courtroom-based resolution of disputes. For those seeking a more collaborative process, mediation may be a viable way of resolving divorce or family law issues. Additionally, mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution that helps avoid the stress and expense of a lengthy court battle.

I am Andrew E. Stadler, Attorney at Law, an experienced California family law attorney who is also a trained mediator. If mediation makes sense for your situation, I can help you do things the right way — whether that means helping you prepare and file the paperwork or trying up any loose ends.

Call 707-573-0818 for a no-cost consultation with an experienced lawyer about your specific situation. From my office in Santa Rosa, I serve clients throughout Sonoma County.

What’s Involved In Mediation?

Mediation works best for parties who are generally in agreement about what they want. In divorce, this means a consensus about how to divide the property, whether one party will pay spousal support, and how the care and custody of any minor children will be arranged. Mediation can also be a valuable tool for avoiding the courtroom in standalone child custody and visitation cases.

If you end up reaching a formal agreement in mediation, the agreement is legally binding. That means you cannot change your mind or return to court to obtain a better outcome. For that reason, it is critical to obtain the guidance of a professional in tying up loose ends and ensuring everything is done properly.

How I Can Help

I am both an attorney and a trained mediator. This gives me the flexibility to find a way to resolve divorce issues that truly fits your situation.

As a mediator, I often serve as a third-party neutral for settlement conferences in local courts. I know how the process works — and how to use it effectively not only for others, but for my own clients.

Get A Free Initial Consultation

To arrange a free initial consultation, call my office or complete the brief online form.